The Center for Water Policy is dedicated to developing science-based, socially equitable, and economically sound policies that protect, conserve, and restore freshwaters for sustained human and ecosystem health.
The Center builds on the research and reputation of the School of Freshwater Sciences, in addition to working with top scholars, scientists, and policy development centers across the country and around the world.
CWP areas of expertise and study
- Transboundary water issues
- Water policy and global economic development
- Science-based policy options for dispute resolution
- Analysis of global trends in population growth and climate variability on food production
- Climate change impacts on water quantity and quality
- Institutional analysis and evaluation
- Social network analysis in environmental policy